Morette Equine Hospital is a busy referral hospital located near Brussels in Belgium.
We are part of the Equine Care Group, a fast-expanding international group of veterinary clinics. Our team consists of several board-certified specialists working together with junior vets, residents, and interns. We have a close collaboration amongst each other as well as with our referring veterinarians.
As a second line clinic we have a strong focus on internal medicine and surgery.
Because of the expanding internal medicine caseload (actually about 1000/year), and the increasing intensity of the care, we are searching for a (young) versatile veterinarian with preference for internal medicine, to join our team.
- Follow up on hospitalised and ICU patients from the Internal medicine department, including performing necessary diagnostics and installing treatment protocols, in close cooperation with our team of interns
- Taking care of associated client communication and administration, such as billing, discharge letters and phone calls.
- Undertaking consultations of basic internal medicine cases independently, depending on the level of the candidate.
- Assisting with more advanced internal medicine cases.
- Taking in daytime emergencies e.g.
- Work-up and instal treatment in horses with colic.
- Work-up and instal treatment in horses with other medical emergencies.
- Examine horses with acute lameness and wounds.
- Take part in the on-call schedule.
- Take part in the extra- veterinarian tasks of the team e.g.
- Contribute to writing newsletters, publications, and content to our webpage.
- Training and supervision of interns, visiting students and veterinarians.
What do we offer:
- Working in specialized referral hospital with a pleasant, international atmosphere despite a continuous pursuit of perfection.
- Learning while working with continuous backup from recognized specialists in their field (surgery, internal diseases, imaging, dentistry)
- Full-time job
- Morette is a recognized training centre for ECEIM and ECVS residents. For the right candidate and after proof of good collaboration, training as a specialist (residency) can be started in combination with clinical work if desired.
- Salary according to individual agreement, depending on experience.
What are we looking for:
- You have a broad interest in all facets of equine medicine, but you have a strong preference for internal diseases.
- You enjoy working in a clinic environment and you are familiar with the most common medical imaging (radiography, ultrasound, endoscopy) and medical procedures.
- You get excited about looking up and studying with the aim of providing the best patient care.
- You appreciate contact with customers. You try to help them as much as possible with doubts and questions, that are common during the hospitalization of their horse.
- You value teamwork and contribute to a pleasant working environment
- You are a positive, flexible all- around person who can adapt to a hectic day where planning can be difficult due to unforeseen events
- You have completed an internship and/or you have relevant practical experience. Experience is crucial as being able to work independently is necessary.
- You speak Dutch and French or you are willing to learn the other national language
- Dutch (very good) OR French (very good)
- English (very good)
More Information: Contact Katrien Palmers -Dip ECEIM at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send you resumé and letter of motivation along with 3 reachable people of reference to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications and starting date, depending on the suitable candidate.